If you frequently host events, especially dinner parties, it’s advantageous to have a few different napkin folding techniques up your sleeve. Linen napkins are a wonderful way to add shape and texture to your table design, and it’s nice to switch up their presentation every once in a while.
Find the perfect napkin fold for your event from our photo compilation, then look for its description!
1. Basic napkin ring folds are easy, versatile, and can add a pop of color.
2. Folding a lamour napkin around the china you’re using is a great way to draw attention to it. This technique looks best with linens that are not patterned.
3. If you’re using linen that has a unique texture or shade, a basic triangle fold placed to the side of your china is an understated way to show it off.
Advanced napkin folds:
4. The diamond fold is a simple yet visually interesting napkin fold that can be set atop china before a meal.
5. If your meal is being served by a wait staff, the pyramid fold plays the role of plate placeholder nicely.
6. The pouch napkin fold is practical and fun to incorporate into a party theme, by stuffing it with a menu or flowers
Themed napkin folds:
7&8. There are ways to creatively incorporate linen napkins into table settings, no matter what the occasion. Here are a couple of our favorite folds to use for holidays, such as Christmas or Valentine’s Day.
We hope this list has given you an idea of the many dynamic ways napkins can be used, folded, and woven into table designs. There’s no right or wrong way to use them! If you can’t find a style that suits your particular event, consider creating your own, personalized fold.
A big thank you to Julia from our Milpitas showroom for her large contribution to the pictured napkin folds!